Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Saturday at the Conference

Saturday I had two 3 hour classes on Designing better fitting crochet garments, instructor was Lily Chin. If you get an opportunity to take this class, grab it. It was intense, a lot of homework to have ready for class, a lot of information, note taking, but I sure learned a lot. Everyone I talked to later said they had learned a lot, too. I'm ready to put into practice what I learned here. Lily is an excellent teacher, she shares what she knows in an easy-to-understand and fun way. The garments she had for display were awesome. There's a goal to shoot for in my designing! We learned about fibers, stitches, construction techniques, finishing techniques, computer programs, books and magazines to help with garment construction, new books coming out, and a lot of other resources.
Take the class!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home