Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Purple Afghan & other items for the Fair

Last night I finished the purple afghan. It turned out beautiful, and very soft.
Then I started on a Tunisian pillow top. It is hunter green and soft white, made with yarn left over from the afghan. I used the brick stitch from the 52 Tunisian Stitches book. One side of the pillow has the green as the A yarn, and the other side uses the white as the A. Same, but different. I finished the pillow top this evening, then packed everything into a tub & loaded it into the van. I got everything checked in at the fair about 7:30. It took over an hour to drive to the fair, remember that next time.

I ended up entering 8 items. Had registered 11, but got an order for an afghan and decided a money making opportunity for a return customer had priority over finishing everything. Items entered: the purple afghan, mint Must Have Blouse from 24-hour Crocher Projects, lilac baby dress and booties from Sunday's Best for Baby, blue & white Polish Star potholder, green pineapple doily, aqua spiderweb doily, yellow Tunisian scarf, and the Tunisian pillow.

Anyway, the fair opens Sunday morning, and I'm planning to go then. Hubby is camping, daughter #1 will be working at the Renaissance Faire, daughter #2 is at college. The day is mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home