Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, January 15, 2005

The Paperwork!

I finished another scarf today and decided I had enough different designs that I could self-publish a booklet of Tunisian scarf patterns. I spent several hours at the computer making notes; things that would need to be included in the pattern book, things that needed done, pictures needed, etc. I also started typing the specific patterns.
In the evening I spent another hour or more putting written patterns and photos into my reference book. It's a 4 inch binder with records of all the items I've crocheted. Well, technically not all. I have patterns, yarn wrappers, yarn samples, and photos of all the projects since the beginning of 2003. The previous decades are mostly gone.
After getting all the patterns & photos into the book, I spent time making notes of the pages of items that I entered in the Gratz Fair in the fall of 2004, and the items I entered in the Pennsylvania State Farm Show this month. I entered 15 items in the county Fair, and won 12 ribbons, 4 Third place, 4 Second place, and 4 First place which included a Best of Show for an afghan. The Farm Show had less categories and you could only enter 1 item per class, so I only entered 6 items. I won 3 ribbons, 2 Third place and 1 Second place. I thought that I didn't fair that well, however, my husband reminded me that it's not a County Fair, it covers people throughout the state. Okay, that's not too bad!
Now I need to learn how to add links and photos to this site to make it more interesting.
This pineapple tablecloth took 1st Place at the Gratz Fair in September 2004 Posted by Hello


This pineapple doily is made with #20 Cebelia thread. It took 2nd Place at the Gratz Fair, 2004 Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home