Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Passing on the skill & joy of crocheting

At the beginning of December I spent a week visiting family in North Carolina. Parents, 2 brothers, sisters-in-law, nieces, grandniece, and sister. What a great time we all had, and the weather was such a change from the Pennsylvania fall.
I made a scarf with Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn in peppermint; pale mint, pink & white; in the Tunisian knit stitch.
I taught my sister how to do Tunisian crochet, she knows how to do classic crochet. I gave her a set of Easy Tunisian hooks from Carolyn Christmas for a Christmas gift, the set includes a small booklet with instructions on basic stitches. This weekend I got a call from my niece, she had taken over the hooks while on college vacation and was making a shawl from a homespun type yarn. She needed help adding a new skein of yarn. Her younger sister had gotten knitting needles and was busy making herself a scarf, she was having a little problem gaining stitches. I told her how to do a decrease and correct her problem without having to pull everything out. That's discouraging for a young beginner. I can't wait to see the finished projects.
I've been busy in between Christmas preparations with making more scarves. I have some gorgeous new yarns, railroad type, and thin ribbon with colorful confetti. I need to type the patterns and try to get them published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home