Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall traveling - no crochet content

My husband and I just returned from our final trip in the camper for the year. We traveled to Western PA to visit relatives from my Mom's & my Dad's side of the family. My sister flew in from Texas, and an aunt from Kansas, to my parents in NC. Then, along with my brother, they drove up to Western PA. Mom organized a family get together and we visited with family we haven't seen in a while. Great times.
We stayed at a campground in Shelocta.


From there we drove to Blackwater Falls State Park in Davis, West Virginia. We spent a night in the Blackwater Falls Lodge, and the next day hiking through the park and looking at the falls.


Then we drove to Cass Scenic Railroad in Cass, West Virginia. We had a trip on a restored logging railroad, up to the top of the mountain where we had lunch. We had a tour of the machine shop (Hubby's favorite) and a tour of the company town (my choice) and saw a diorama of the town, railroad & mill, and watched a video about the history of the town and railroad.



When we got home we had to winterize the camper. Winter will be here soon in PA.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 11, 2010, Anonymous Leslie said...

Hello : ) I'm a crochet enthusiast too and came across your blog while looking up some new (to me) Tunisian stitches. Such pretty samples you posted quite a while back. My hubby and I also love taking our holiday trailer out to explore (we live in Alberta, Canada) so I thoroughly enjoyed your most recent entry.

Cheers,

Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home