Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, September 24, 2010

Dazzleaire yarn review

I've been very busy with crochet-related things, some is paperwork, others are things that I can't mention, yet. But I hate to post that I know things that you don't know, it's so nah, nah, nah, middle-school-like. But Tuesday at our Hooks n Needles group, I was told that I need to update this blog. I explained that I've been catching little fun things, putting the link into a post, and then saving it as a draft. NOPE, they said, that doesn't cut it. New Post, please. So I promise that I won't pop this into a draft & save it for who knows how long.

Marty Miller has written a great review of the New Dazzleaire yarn. I think that most of us of "that certain age" remember Dazzleaire quite fondly. And we spend a lot of time questioning why they don't bring it back. So we were quite happy to hear that Caron was bringing it back. Yeah! Then I went to the website and found that it was a #5 Bulky. Boo! The original wasn't bulky. But I've had several co-crocheters try the new Dazzleaire and declare it as nice as the original. Marty's review is quite favorable. So now, what shall we do with some new Dazzle? The Blue Skies Jacket from Tammy Hildebrand, that I made last year with some Jiffy (is that right?)That pattern would look fabulous in Dazzleaire. It's added to my ever-lengthening queue.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, September 25, 2010, Blogger Kathleen J. said...

I remember that yarn! In fact I have a nap afghan in my family room that has some of it in it. The afghan must be 30 years old or so. I guess that means I am of a certain age.

 
At Saturday, September 25, 2010, Blogger Jane's Hooked on Crochet said...

It's one of the first yarns that I remember using for a project. That would have been in the 1960's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home