Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Guinness Book of World Records & Crochet?

That's right! Crochters are trying to set a world record and make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Stitch N' Pitch is sponsoring the event at the Mets Citi Field on Saturday, June 5th.
Arrive early, check in and receive a free crochet hook and yarn, attend a learn to crochet lesson if you don't know how to crochet, and then "let the fun begin". The attempt is to set a record for "The Most People Crocheting Simultaneously" for 15 minutes.
I know that I can't make it to Mets Field on June 5th, and I bet there are a lot of other folks just like me. What if we had a little supportive simultaneous crocheting? I think I'll suggest that our CGOA Chapter get together and crochet for 15 minutes at the exact same time, just to send the crocheters at Mets Field some good crochet energy.
For more information, click on the above link, or check out the "CGOA Now!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home