Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Knitting your Filet Crochet?

I've mentioned Knitting Daily before. I love receiving this newsletter in my daily emails. "It's Not just for Knitters Anymore". Sure, there are photos of great knitted sweaters, scarves, socks; and knitting patterns for sale. That's just inspiration, "I love those sleeves, I could do that in crochet by..." "I love the fit of that sweater, I need to adapt a crochet pattern to that shape". The newsletter is packed with information gauge, drape, fitting, blocking,...all things that we need to think about in our crocheted garments.
In today's issue there's a pattern for a blouse inspired by fashions of the 1940's, and the yoke of the piece is knitted to look like filet crochet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home