Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Special Olympics scarves update

Here's "an article" from a Boise, Idaho newsletter about getting ready for the Special Olympics Winter Games. In the right hand column is information giving numbers about different aspects of the game. This should just blow your mind - "35,000: The latest count of handmade, donated scarves (the goal was 5,000)."
Be sure to click on the pictures and zoom in to see stacks and boxes of scarves. Hey, the girl in the front of photo 1, with a scarf that's blue on one side and white on the other,...I think she's wearing my scarf. I made one just like that!
Now to get those little hats packed up and shipped out to Save the Children/Warm Up America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home