Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, March 08, 2010

Crochet for charity?

Like many crocheters, I like to help others with my craft if I can. I make shawls and lapghans for a Shawl Ministry, make blocks for Warm Up America, create scarves for the Special Olympic Winter Games, make chemo hats and hats for premmies at the local hospital, and make hats and baby sweaters for a local group. Sometimes when a tragedy strikes somewhere in the world, I think about how I can help. Do they need hats, scarves or blankets in their climate?
It's also fun to bring ideas to our Tuesday night Crochet in Public group and to the CGOA Chapter. Then I have friends and we can encourage each other, and mail everything in one big box. But, I don't always have time to search for new charities, and to assess their needs and authenticity. Bernat now has a team and a website to help, check out the new Bernat website, "BernatCares"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home